Thursday, September 8, 2016

Osca Rico - Latin R&B Talent on the rise!

The Man Behind the Music!




Today's People Profile is about my friend and former customer Osca Rico. Oscar is a very talented Latin R&B Style musician who primarily performs in McAllen but has also produced some pretty awesome videos! I have known Osca and his lovely wife Natalie for about 4 years. Actually I met Natalie several years before that when we were both in the medical business. Anyhow, I came to know them the same way I have met so many wonderful people in this community... on the Internet. I had posted a picture of one of the properties I had listed for Trey Mendez whom I profiled recently. Trey periodically buys and renovates homes in historic West Brownsville. Natalie and Osca were looking for something unique with character but that was move-in ready. They came across my listing on Facebook and fell in love. Natalie began asking questions and before you know it she had scheduled a showing. Before long they were calling that amazing house their home and still live there today. 





After moving in we became casual friends and as luck would have it I ended up moving in a few doors down. They knew I was newly single and I guess unwilling or unable to cook so one day they brought me over the most fantastic meal. I can still taste it if I close my eyes. It was a home cooked dish of shish kabobs with all kinds of fresh veggies and amazing spices and sides. To me it's truly amazing how God brings different people into your life at different times. Little touches of kindness can change so much and that truly elevated my opinion of them as a couple and friends. 

Photo Credit - Osca's FB 
Through Social Media I have watched Osca work on his craft and develop into an amazing artist. In the past few years he has transformed both physically and performance wise. His physical transformation is nothing short of astounding. I ran into him at the HEB on central a little over two years ago and he said he was getting ready for a big video shoot on the beach. At the time he was about 40 pounds over weight. I remember ribbing him that he had put on some weight for a beach shoot. I guess it was all their awesome cooking and they had just had a baby. Eating those extra scraps can definitely pack on the pounds. Anyhow, he looked me straight in the eye and said something like... you won't believe the change you are going to see. I started working out and I am going to be completely different. Well, he was not kidding. He has become extremely buff and is quite an inspiration.

If you watch this video you will catch a few glimpses of the inside and outside of the restored historic home they purchased through me. You can also see what he looked like before his fitness transformation. 


Currently Osca is continue to perform in the upper valley and hone his craft. I am sure he has more original songs and videos in process and I have no doubt he will continue to delight crowds and have a positive impact on the music scene in the valley and beyond for years to come. I am just glad he follows his dream and through his music allows us all to Be part of it. 


Author Craig Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment