Saturday, March 11, 2023

Why I do what I do...

 


Why I do what I do... this is the most transparent I have ever been. It came to me now so I am letting it out.

People often ask me how and why I do what I do with constantly creating and sharing positive information and content on my pages. The answer is simple... I went through a very hard time in my life at a certain point. There was a time when I couldn't see past my nose due to the sadness and regret that overwhelmed every waking moment. At that time I didn't have a relationship with God.
A very dear friend who had been through a very tough time told me that each day they had to pray and force themselves to be thankful. Instead of being filled with dread they chose to focus on the smallest things that they took for granted. For example, they would just say thank you God for the fact that I can breathe and expand from there. When you start from the smallest thing and start counting your blessings you will find that you truly have an abundance of blessings. When you are in a deep dark hole this tiny spark of gratitude can get you to the next hour or even the next day.
However, this wasn't enough to bring me out of the darkness. I felt I wasn't deserving of forgiveness from anyone much less God... but a deep part of me wanted to continue to live. I had a cat at the time. He was very dear to me... I had to tell myself who would take care of him if I wasn't around? That gave me something to live for all be it small and furry.
And yet I still struggled... I clearly wasn't getting the message. I prayed and prayed and asked for an answer and slowly it started to form. I told God that I would go forward the rest of my life and be a light to the world. Then I found myself in Brownsville surrounded by negative energy and I knew I had to do something. That's when social media came into existence. I saw a way I could shine positive light on the things that I believed were good and positive. So I started doing it.
Now, I haven't been perfect but I do learn from my mistakes. I have evolved and changed how, when, where and what I do on these platforms. But the drive and reason I do what I do has not changed. I am sure many think that I just do it for my business or purely out of a narcissistic personality. And I will admit it can be beneficial to my business and who doesn't like to receive some positive attention? But ultimately, my goal and drive has not changed since day one. Many of you know I have been criticized and slandered many times. I have not always handled it perfectly but I am still here doing my thing and where are the trolls?
So my message to anyone that is out there hurting... First of all, believe in something bigger than you. You don't have to be a Christian but you need to believe that life is bigger than you just existing because it is. We don't know the answers or what that means... but it is bigger than we can imagine and I know this from the deepest part of my soul. Secondly, find something that is good and that gives you fulfillment. It may be your job, it may be your kids, it may be art... who knows? But seek it, find it and pour your heart and soul into it. Don't let anyone take it away from you. Because once you start to shine people will be mean. They will say hateful things and through their jealousy, inadequacy or pettiness they will try to hurt you. Remember what your mom said and remind yourself that their criticism has more to do with their shortcomings than yours.
I promise if you let go of the fear of rejection and don't worry about what other people think even though it's hard, you will find your path. It will not be easy, it will not always be fun but it will give you a path and that's what we all need.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment